Design & Engineering
Meptagon’s engineering division is well known for its ability to design complete process systems, all the while paying attention to the smallest details. We commence the process by carefully studying the client’s requirements, expectations, limitations, problems and challenges. After our engineers collect all the relevant technical and operational information such as plant description, required production capacity, safety and environmental emissions, we are ready to start with the design.
Our team consists of mechanical, chemical, electrical and process engineers together with CAD, SCADA, security, equipment, piping and field engineers. Our designers take advantage of being a Design & Build company to consult with the installation managers and execution team leaders in order to improve the design, not only from the process point of view, but also from the perspective of ease of installation and maintenance.
PFD: Process Flow Diagrams to indicate the general flow and main components of the plant.
Heat & Mass balances: To estimates energy and conversion costs, representing each process stream (stream table) on the corresponding PFD.
P&ID: Piping & Instrumentation Diagram shows the piping of the process flow together with the installed equipment and instrumentation, indicating information such as diameter of piping, material of construction, insulation and type of valves and instruments.
Data sheets: Tables summarizing the technical characteristics of each piece of equipment including valves, pumps, motors and instruments, as shown on the P&ID.
SOO: Sequence Of Operation: Sometimes called SOD (System Operation Description). The SOO describes in great detail how the system should work, step by step, in each mode of operation during start-up, production and shut down. The SOO determine set points, ranges and alarms lists.
I/O List: Containing table of all actuated valves, sensor transmitters, engines, pumps, blowers and dumpers which serve as an input or output of the control system. The SOO together with the I/O list serve the control and programming department, which is part of our engineering division.
BIM – Building Information Modeling: Using the Intergraph CAD Works software we build a very detailed 3D model which gives a plant overview. The deliverables derived from CAD Works are:
Equipment Lay out: shows the overall footprint of plant, describes the precise location of equipment such as tanks, heat exchangers, pumps, boilers, distillation columns, etc.
Piping Lay Out: Shows the top view of piping routes and cross sections, as well as equipment and piping levels and views.
3D model: shows a 3 dimensional overview of the plant.
Isometric drawings: Each pipe section gets a single detailed drawing ready for fabrication.
BOQ: Bill Of Quantities for equipment, piping, valves and instruments.
Advanced Technologies Department
The Advanced Technologies Department at Meptagon provides custom-built solutions in automation & process control, security & integration, software development, and other areas of advanced technology.
We tailor our solutions to customer requirements, making them a turnkey solution or a module, as per customer needs/ requirements.
We aim, as always, to stand at the forefront of technology and adopt best available methodologies and tools to ensure our customers have an effective solution.
We specialize in:
- Automation and process control
- Integrated solutions for security and defense
- Software development and cyber security solutions
- Other advanced technology solutions
Automation and process control
We specialize in developing PLC solution according to SOO, engineering and process consulting for control systems, developing control and automation systems for building management, developing graphical operations and control systems, data collection and processing in production rooms, and all-round solutions for real-time analysis of manufacturing data.
We stand out in our ability to provide optimized advanced solutions for a broad range of systems. This includes in-depth analysis by high standards and quality professionals who will take all it needs to improve efficiency and enhance existing control systems and processes.
- Design PLC systems based on SOO (sequence of operation) using P&ID (piping and instrumentation diagrams)
- Design, develop and support command and control systems
- Develop applications based on GE, Allen Bradley, Siemens controllers and other top PLC manufacturers
- Develop graphical control systems based on HMI/SCADA platforms
- Develop OPC/ telecommunications protocols
- Supply building management systems (BMS) including design and implementation of building control
- Develop automation systems based on the Delta V platform
- Cyber solutions for control systems
- Design and build control panels
- Build custom-designed control centers
Security and integration
We lead security and integration projects for institutions. Our service includes identifying customer needs all the way through to an end-to-end solution.
We supply the professional solutions for:
ACS (Access Control Systems):
- Intercom systems
- LPR systems (License Plate Recognition)
- RTLS systems (Real Time Location System)
- Video management systems
- HD cameras
- Analytical systems
- Data storage
Identification and alarm systems:
- Intrusion detection systems
- Electronic fences
- IP-based PA systems
Software integration, and cyber:
- Custom-built specification-based software
- Integration of legacy systems with new ones
- Cyber solutions
- Deploy IP communications infrastructure
- Deploy analog communications infrastructure
- Deploy any kind of infrastructure
We provide all-round solutions that include:
- Preparing a complete security plan with threat analysis and risk survey
- Design and built control center
- Developing, programming and implementing software
- Delivering and configuring equipment
- Providing configuration management of integrated security systems with technical support and consulting
Delivering a comprehensive security package that covers analysis, design, procurement and installation:
- Implementation and integration of command and control centers
- CCTV control and digital recording systems
- Video management systems and Video Motion Detector
- Perimeter defense systems with video analytic and electronic fences
Systems Pedestrians and vehicle access control and management